Ollie Quotes (Summer & Fall 2016 Edition)

O: Mama, please don't sing.
Me: Okay.
O: I like your voice, I just can't handle it right now.

O: I'm good at puzzles. How could I not be?

Me and Ollie yesterday on the way to breakfast so Doug could sleep in:
O: Mama, can I have a little sleep?
Me: Yes, of course. 
O: Okay. Remember, I sleep with my eyes open.

O: What is a humbo home?
Me: I'm sorry? I don't know.
O: Timon and Pumba don't live in the jungle, they live in a humbo home.
Me: How do you know it's a humbo home? Wait, do you mean a humble home?
O: Yeah, they say, " Welcome to our humble home!"

O: I think I'm starting to get bear feet.
(Taking off his shoes and socks)

O: (Looking at People magazine): Mama, why are you reading girl comics?

O informed us he knew how to whip and nae-nae and gave us a presentation.  Next day, when asked what he was going to sing in music at Kindergarten, he said he'd sing the Whip and Nae-Nae song.  
Doug: I wouldn't lead with that one, Ollie,  You have deeper tracks.

Explaining the Alzheimer's Association Blondes v. Brunettes game when we returned home:
O: I watched blonde girls play football against dark-haired girls.  They were raising money for Mama's work, where they help people who eat other people's brains.

O: We can't throw things in the garbage because it will multifly the garbage.
Me: Yep, it'll multifly it.
O: Yeah, I know that word.

O: I put on my headphones so I can't hear you.
Me: (Talk softly)
O: Okay, I 'm going to take them off.  I want to hear you.  Your voice is beautiful.

Me: Put on your shoes.
O: No, Mama look!  I can just have on my foots!

O: Daddy gave me a vitamin and then you gave me a vitamin!  I'm going to do something special today!

O: Is the sun a big fire ball?
Me: Yep.
O: It fills my tummy with smoke and makes me sneeze like the whale in Pinocchio.

Me: Why do you have your sassy pants on?
O: I don't know WHY I have sassy pants!

O: Sneezes - Whoa!  I did NOT see that coming!

Me: Thank you for your help, Ollie.
O: Yeah, that's what friends are for.

O: I was a lucky bird yesterday when you cut my sandwich like a pizza.


O: And guess what?  Parker has 1 tooth out!  And he SHOWED it to me!


O:  And I know how to make a "R"!  Today is the happiest day.


O: (after reminding us of something): Did I just get you a remind?


O: (first try of gum): I think I'm a fan of gum now.


Aldi cashier: See you later, Alligator!

O to me: How did she know my name?

Kielyn gave Ollie a little planter that grows grass.  A week after planting, it was overflowing.

Me: Ollie, look!
O: What the-
Me: I know!
O: WE MADE GRASS!

Me: Ollie, come and look at the hail outside!

O: What the-HAIL!

Playing knights with Ollie:
Me: Please let down the drawbridge! I have news to share with the King!
O: What is it?
Me: The red sworded knight is coming and he will lay siege to all of your people!
O: Thank you. ...I have news to share with you too!
Me: What is it my Lord?
O: The King just farted!


O: I spelled Minnesota! I think I should be in first grade, I'm really good at this!


O: OK. So if some of the Beatles are in Heaven, do the rest live in the yellow submarine?


O: Look at my belly, Mama! It's so flat!
Me: Look at mine! It's flat, too!
O: No it's not, Mama. It has a little round to it.


After informing me that he couldn't go to church one day because they talk about God and that is so "booooring!!", I came up with this:

"Today I guess I can't go to church,"
Said little Oliver Maxwell Turk,
"The situation, Mom, is bad,
I stubbed my foot when I was mad,

I need a band-aid for my toe,
It's bleeding and we have far to go,
Plus, and you may think I'm a clod,
But all they talk about there is God."


Comments

Popular Posts