Little Mama Moments

For the last 3 years, Doug and I have vacillated between having another baby or not.  We've made t-charts and had countless conversations which included tears, laughter, agreements and disagreements.  We've gone off birth control and started prenatals.  We've monitored my ovulation and we've bled.  We've said "f*ck it" and started googling expensive vacations, child hockey equipment and basement renovations.  Staring down birthday number 5 this week as well as kindergarten in the fall is upping the frequency of sleepless nights (too few resources and older eggs!) and stomach butterflies (this is as young as he'll be!).  

When my mind is full of cloud-thinking and uncertainty, I have to clear my head.  The only way this broad (me) can think straight again is by being creative and focusing on something else.  Taking my mind off a problem can either be viewed as smart - what'll happen will happen - or lazy - making a decision without making a decision.  Either way, a new PROJECT has been BORN!

John Lennon said that "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."  I've decided to start a project labeled "Little Mama Moments," wherein I take a photograph a day (or maybe more than once a day) of my life as a mom.  It could be the messy kitchen floor when we walk in from work and school, or my son in the backseat belting out Johnny Cash. I take enough pictures of Ollie dressed up, or during holidays, and I want to catch the little things.   I just, you know, I just don't want to pass over those little things that I'll forget. Especially if Ollie does turn out to be our one and only little lovebug.

Maybe I already do this enough, but now there's a name to it.

Please feel free to join me.  If you'd like me to see it, add #littlemamamoments.  I'm on Facebook (more than normal) and Instagram (when I remember).

I may also include a little quote, because...well, because.  :)

This morning we were talking about coughing and coffee.
Ollie: "Mama? There should be a "dorf" named Coffee."
Me: "A door?"
Ollie: "No, a "DORF" like in Snow White."
Me: "Oh, a dwarf?"
Ollie: "Yeah, a "DORF."  Named 'Coffee'."
Me: "But, why Ollie?"
Ollie: "They have one named "Sneezy," they should have one who COUGHS."
Me: "OH!  A dwarf named Coughy?"
Ollie: "Yeah mom." (DUH)
Me: "Well, maybe they all cough so it's not a big deal."
Ollie: "I bet Sneezy coughs too."
Me: "Probably.  With his allergies."
Ollie: "Yeah.  Okay."

Day 1: Nightstand and Little Hand Wake Up



Comments

Popular Posts