Friday Five


1.   When a morning passes with an easily remedied tantrum, you know it's going to be a helluva day.  A no-zit, perfect-hair, gas-free, healthy-food, appropriate-water, high-boob, tight-butt, productive, refreshing, sun-shiny, feel-good, successful day.

2.   Do you think people at work fully understand how much I love my child?

Ollie's Art Gallery on my office door


Ollie's bio


"Oliver Maxwell Turk was born in Brooklyn, New York on May 22nd, 2011.  Only son to an actor-turned assistant mother and a social worker father, Oliver (Ollie) always knew his love for artistry was supreme.  While moving through the ranks of an elite daycare his parents found his work quite exceeded the work of other children his age and intellect.  After being overwhelmingly stymied, Oliver moved with his parents to Minnesota where he would discover his ultimate medium: construction paper."

Jiminy Christmas, I may need an intervention.



Oliver M. Turk (2011 - )
Brutal Honesty
Construction Paper, Paint







3.   Ollie makes me sing him to sleep some nights when he's too jazzed to fall asleep on his own.  The other night, I sang him Amazing Grace, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Twinkle Twinkle Traffic Light, To Make You Feel My Love, My Ollie Lies Over the Ocean, Hush Little Baby, You Are My Sunshine, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I must have done my job, because on the last song, he goes, "I like that song.  Get out of my bed."

4.   I asked Ollie what he wanted for dinner the other night and he goes, "Cloudy with Meatballs and Spaghetti."

5.   Is it weird that I feel just as clean with 2 baby wipes and a rinse of old hair as I do with a fully restorative shower?

Comments

Popular Posts