Bachelor Style

This morning I was doing my make-up in the bathroom when Ollie came rushing in.  "Juth!" he announced.  I said, "Oh, honey, no juice.  We're about to go to school."  He shook his head and went, "No, dank juth!"  I immediately had a sinking feeling in my stomach and followed him into the kitchen.  There was nothing in sight - no spills, no cups, no napkins and no juice.  I looked in the fridge and the juice was on the bottom shelf, cap completely on as usual - nothing out of the ordinary.  I went, "Ollie?  What juice?"  He proudly jabbed the orange juice carton with his index finger and said, "Dank juth!"  I said, "Ollie, did you drink this juice?"  And he nodded.  I said, "Ollie, show me," and backed up, closing the fridge.

He proceeded to use every muscle in his body to open the fridge and push the door back against the wall.  It came back at him, so he said, "No door, no!" and stuck his bottom out to stop it.  He grabbed the juice with both hands, put it on the floor and tried to scootch out of the way of the door.  He crouched down and untwisted the cap, laid it nicely on the floor and lifted up the carton.

He acquiesced to my order to continue drinking out of the carton while I grabbed my phone off the counter.



We scuffled because I was certain I would proactively stop any spillage (but spilled anyway).  He told me, "No, Mama - Me!  Stay derr!" and pushed my hand away.  Then he found the cap, screwed it back on, carried the carton over to the fridge, opened it, squatted, and put the OJ back inside.

Realizations:
1. He's the cleanest little thief I've ever seen.  
2. I can't believe he put the juice away in the first place.
3. I'm foreseeing a lot of beer guzzling in the future.
4. I'm so proud of his confidence, pride and independence that I can't even blink.
5. How long has he been doing this?

Comments

Popular Posts