Tuesday Twelve

1.  Oliver went hoarse the other night because he was growling like a dinosaur all day.

2.  He's into jumping off things and skidding across the floor on his knees like a rock star.  It terrifies me that I don't know where he got it.  I mean, what horrible rock is he watching?

3.  He's kissing!  Up until a couple of days ago when we asked for a kiss, Ollie would give you his cheek.  (He's very European).  Sunday he picked up the bunny at the base of the stairs, put it to his lips and gave it a smack!  I warned them at daycare to watch our little Romeo, JIC.  Hell, they're already watching him for chewing on all the kids.

4.  We're trying to teach Ollie the difference between clean and dirty snow.  He's a big taster.

5.  Ollie said his first sentence last week and not one of us can remember what it was.  I think it was "Bapa Up!" and Doug swears it was "I don't know."  Come to think of it, maybe it's "Mom and Dad are a-holes for not writing this important crap down."

6.  Big day in our house last week.  Oliver said "pig" AND made the noise.  We sang "Old MacDonald" in the car and when he chose the pig (or "pih"), he sat in the back and grunted at all the correct times.  This is pretty exciting because it's one of the last farm animals for O to master.  We're just waiting on the goat.

7.  After a few incidents at daycare, I got a teacher moved to a different classroom. It was the first time I advocated for my child instead of waiting it out or not wanting to hurt someone's feelings.  Felt pretty strong about it.

8. "K" is a big sound in our house lately.  "Boo-uh" is "bookkk," and he can point out eggs as "Ekkx."

9.  Oliver's clothes are now taking up more than one load in the washer.  It's these little things that remind me how quickly he's growing up.  Cue "Cat in the Cradle."

10.  Oliver gives thumbs up now.  Both hands, very vigorously.  The other night Doug turned on the projector while he was putting O to bed.  He asked if that was okay, and Ollie gave him a thumbs up.

11.  I was giving O a bath tonight and he was eager to get into the water.  I reached around to pick up his washcloth and turned back just as he was scrambling into the tub himself.  He looked at me with such proud glee standing there in the water - diaper on - that I just lost it!  He continues to do this, I'm scared he'll bruise his business. 

12.  Tonight Doug and I shoveled the driveway while Ollie played in the snow tunnel that Doug made.  Then I made some hot cocoa for O while Doug and I made dinner.  I love finding family moments in routine.

Have a great evening, all.

Comments

Mindy said…
Pretty much every time I read your blog I wish I was in your family. Or at least that Luke & I lived next door.
Miss you!

Popular Posts