Amoxi-Chicken-With-His-Head-Cut-Off

I have a boy with amoxicillin hyperactivity.  It's exhausting.

Yesterday, my poor little boy had a fever of 104 and was diagnosed with a double ear infection.  He was listless and cranky.  We gave him amoxicillin and this morning he woke me up screaming.  You know how you feel really anxious in that tiny moment when the alarm clock wakes you up?  Ever since that scream jolted me awake, I've been in a permanent state of that

No sooner had I given him more amoxicillin and Tylenol to break the fever, he started running around like a [fricken] chicken with its head cut off.  He was knocking on all the cabinets and then on my thighs, rolling his head into his shirt and then crying to be released ("EPPP!" (help)), running around the table babbling at the top of his lungs, weaving in and out of my legs, yelling "ahhhhh!" and slamming doors, getting things out and dropping them in front of me, asking where Dada, Bapa, Nana, May-May, Gaga and Aunt Jeth (Jess) were and what they were doing, and furiously signing every song he knew to get me to sing them.

Halfway through breakfast I was thinking to myself, "What is this train ride to Hell and how do I get off?"  I don't have the practiced patience of dealing with children, even my own, that professional and seasoned stay-at-home mamas do.  I also don't have many tricks up my sleeve.  So I was kind of terrified to spend this day with him.  But I gotta tell you, I pleasantly surprised myself - I was a pretty darn good mama today.

I got him to chill by tucking us into the big blanket and reading him about 20 books.  He didn't want to change out of his pjs, so while a little bit of me shrieked inside, I realized it didn't matter.  He wanted to watch Elmo so I let him...all day.  We danced to Raffi to shake the sillies out.  (PS, jumping to get the jiggles out when you have to pee is a bad idea).  We played with puzzles, his farm and his car ramp.  We colored and fed his monkey some crayons.  O even helped me with the laundry and took the clothes out of the dryer.

Reading and watching Elmo



 After all this, he eventually took a nap.  I wore him out (she says proudly).

Post-nap he was much more docile and we all enjoyed a good dinner, although he didn't eat much.  He went down with a little effort and the day's work was done.  I had a good day with the poor buddy and I hope he's getting better, even though he doesn't sound or look any better, little duck.

I hope he's not as crazed tomorrow as he was today.  Especially since my dearest husband gets him.  Good luck, love! 

Always on the move... 


 
Whatcha doin'?

 
Truckin'

Comments

Popular Posts