Spoke too soon...

Last week, at conferences, I asked about what we, as parents, could do to keep Oliver from being bitten.  Kenzie told us how we just have to play with him and practice what happens when we want a friend's toy or when a friend takes away our toys.  Give positive reinforcement when he shares.  Kenzie explained that it's very normal in this age - they are teething, they can't express verbally what they want, etc.  I told her how we understood and didn't blame her, the biters or their parents.  I expressed how grateful we were that O wasn't doing the biting.  That was Friday.

Then Monday happened.  He bit three separate children.




The director reminded me that it's normal, that he's not officially a "biter" and that they will keep an eye on him.  She also said tomorrow is another day, and they would bring in teething toys to redirect his oral need.

Still made me feel awful for those other babies and their parents. I'm sorry kids!  We'll work on Oliver!

Comments

cristin said…
He learned it from watching them! :)

Popular Posts