Growing Up!

Ollie had a fabulous 18 month appointment the other day.  The doctor said that he's developing on track and he's even advanced in language.  Go you, Brother!  He also had five shots, but only four cool band-aids.  Amazing boy.

New Ollie-isms:
  • Making his cars move along the edge of the tub and his animals walk across the floor.  Um, once again, my son is becoming a boy.
  • Somersaulting.  Mostly by accident.
  • Healing up his soft spot.  Said my husband to the doctor, "Now he's INDESTRUCTIBLE!"
  • Drinking almond milk.  Because he can and isn't allergic.  (!!!)
  • Feeding his animals.  The doctor asked specifically about this and we said no.  About three minutes afterwards, he fed his Elmo his water.  We asked if we could change our answer. 
  • Flapping his wings like a chicken and pointing out different things in books.
  • Saying "No."  "Would you like to read this book?" "Nnno." "Let's go take a bath!" "Nnnno." "Want to change your diaper?" "Nnnno."  He sounds like the Mexican maid on Family Guy: "Ayyy...nnnnno."
Ollie is also being a very cool sport lately.  I found a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group and we're church shopping - both of which meant that I've had to drop him off at their childcare.  It worried me to use sporadic childcare since he's been with me nonstop for about two months, but he plays very well with all the kids and doesn't cause a ruckus.  Hopefully it'll be that much easier for him to adjust when I start work at the beginning of December.

WHAT?

Yup!  I got a job!  I'll be the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of the Minnesota - North Dakota Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.  They seem wonderful and I think it's going to be a fun and challenging position.  We found a daycare just down the street, and just have to drop off the paperwork and give Ollie 2 more shots to get him all cleared up.  I'm nervous for a lot of reasons, but I'm kind of looking forward to not feeling like I'm on perma-vacation and actually contributing monetarily.

Other than that, we had a terrific Thanksgiving, a productive Black Friday, and a wonderful time Hollidazzling.  I hope you have a warm rest of your holiday weekend!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Love Ollie's cherry red nose and cheeks!

Popular Posts