It's a POO Party!

Doug's biggest fear is having to fish a turd out of the tub. 

A couple of weeks ago, I received this text from Doug while out with friends:

"Ur son just got done farting in the tub, threatening to drop a deuce only to wait until I was about to strap on his fresh diaper and crown the biggest turd to date.  Ur welcome for the ticket outta this experience.  I fear his butt now."

Apparently, Oliver was creating some tooty bubbles in the tub so Doug quickly cut the bath short, picked him up and scurried over to the changing table so that he could put a diaper on him.  No sooner had Doug set Ollie down, that Ollie let 'er rip.  Doug told me later in a hushed, shaking voice, "I actually saw the poop come out."

The next night I took O's diaper off of him as I got the bath ready.  I like to give him time to enjoy a little freedom from restriction every now and again.  He typically likes to poop during dinner and hadn't, so I knew something was coming.  I figured I had a little time, though.  We're playing, singing, washing and I start getting little whiffs of crap.  Oliver didn't appear to be tooting or pooping, so I was at a loss.  I turned around to get a wash cloth and, BAM!  There, next to the toilet are a couple of giant poops.  While I was getting things together for the bath, he must have maintained his balance on the edge of the toilet and dropped a load.  The thing is, I DIDN'T SEE IT even though I was practically sitting right in it.  Seriously, what could I have been thinking about to not notice poo on the floor?  What kind of person doesn't notice?  I screamed, "Doug!  Doug!  It happened again!"  Doug came running and and almost peed himself with glee.  


Well, last week Doug's worst fear was realized.  After a particularly messy dinner, he decided to clean Oliver off pre-bath in the bathtub.  He noticed some ground beef in the diaper after he had taken it off - sometimes when Oliver's eating, food travels.  Perfectly acceptable.  Doug cleaned everything up and turned on the water while Oliver toddled around in the tub.  Doug noticed a blob of ground beef on the tub floor and, without thinking, picked it up with his fingers.  It was squishy and had bits of Oliver's lunch in it.  Naturally, Doug gagged, immediately threw it in the toilet, stopped the bathwater and washed his hands with burning water.  Twice.  Oliver just sat in the tub and watched.

This foray into squishy bowels is due to the fact that we've been successfully adding dairy back into his diet.  I'm perfectly happy with this change of events if it means the kid can drink milk.  It tends to get a little messy, however.  I guess we're just going to have to dodge the Baby Ruth until Oliver's bowels regulate themselves again!

Gross?  Too bad.  I didn't make you read to the bottom.  :)

Comments

sshetenhelm said…
Ahh the joys of parenthood :)

Popular Posts