MILESTONE HIT!

Guess who stood up in his crib Thursday night?  This guy!



He was so proud of himself!  Doug and I just stared at him slack-jawed and dumbfounded and he stared right us and started yelling as if to say, "Here I am!  Look at me!  I'm effing standing SUUUCKERSSS!"  He stood there wobbling and then dramatically flung himself down on his butt and then back on his head.  He was finished standing for the time being, apparently.  I gave up a little praise to God that he was in his crib on his mattress and didn't smack his head on the bars.

He also left his mark on the crib.  The minute he stood up he started gnawing on the rail and scraped a little finish off.  Lord, I hope it's not lead-based finish.  (OMG).

Later that night he stood again.  He crawled right up to the side of the coffee table, did a little mime acting up the side (you know, hand over hand), grabbed the protruding edge and just liiifted himself up.  I was watching the whole time and trying to be a good mama by allowing him to continue but with my hands steadying him from afar.  It was difficult.

I took him into daycare on Friday and announced that he had stood in his crib!  They looked at me a tad guiltily and said, "He's been doing that since Tuesday."  Geez, thanks for the update, guys.  Ah well, it doesn't make a difference.  My little stinker got his first teeth at 4 months, started army crawling at 6 months and crawled and stood up at 7 months.  He's AMAZING.

At midnight this morning, he woke up crying.  I couldn't find him in the monitor so I moved the camera around and, would'ja look at that?  He was standing in his crib facing the door.  We are soooo in for it.

Comments

Popular Posts