Feeling Blessed...

Last week I was feeling pretty low.  Ollie was sick and I felt like I wasn't making him feel any better, and my butt was sore and I was pretty discouraged by a seeming lack of progress.  Also, despite our continued support of each other, Doug and I were both getting pretty snarky.  Yesterday it seemed to turn around.  Yesterday was a good day.  I shouldn't let life get in the way of pointing out positivity, so here's what's going extremely well in my life.

 1. I'm healing.  The nurse came yesterday and said "Wow!" when she looked at my lower half.  I'm used to hearing that exclamation, especially given the past year of pregnancy, birth and Rumpy I-V, but it is usually said in despair.  So it was nice to hear it as encouraging.  Healing has started, and hopefully will continue at a quick rate!  I think I still have a month or so to go, but it seems that the hard part is over.

2.  Oliver is starting to turn around from his croup.  Croup was over as of Friday, but the cold symptoms linger.  We're doing well sucking things out of his nose, and I'm optimistic that he'll start sleeping better soon.  As long as that super turns on the heat in the building so I don't have to continue sleeping with him on the futon...  Do you read this, Luis?

3.  Working from home has been challenging, but I'm getting things done.  This makes me feel like I do belong in the work force and as a citizen on earth!

4.  Today is my sister-in-law's birthday.  Happy Birthday Heather!  We're so happy you're in our lives and are looking forward to welcoming Oliver's cousin in March!  This month we find out the sex.  HOORAY!

5.  Tomorrow is Kenzie Olstad's one-year birthday!  She's such a spunky, opinionated, loving, healthy kid.  We love you Kenzie and are so happy that you're in our lives too!  I just got the box for your present, so it's coming soon, I promise!

6.  Doug's and my 4 year anniversary is coming up in two days!  When I look back at all the challenges we have faced, I can't help but be so grateful that I have my wonderful husband in my life.  And hope that by having Oliver, I've sunk my nails so far into him that he can't hightail it out of here.

7.  Our friends, Jenn and Joel, are coming on Thursday night to watch Oliver so that we can celebrate with dinner.  A date!  Lovely!  I might even wear something other than the sweatpants I've been sporting the past 4.5 months!  "Sweatpants Purgatory" is right.

8.  The good Lord continues to provide.  We both still have jobs.  We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our bodies and food in our bellies.  Our families and friends are healthy and safe and our little babies are happy.

Thank goodness for goodness.  Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts