Recovering...

I am slowly recovering from the Rumpy removal.  I'm not so much healing as of yet, it's still a very deep, wet, open wound.  But I've heard from multiple nurses and Dr. Gardezi that since I'm young and active, I will heal quickly whenever it starts.  So there's that.  The only time I really feel discomfort is when I nurse Oliver, carry him, pick him up or put him down, and sit down or stand up.  There's also not enough gauze or calcium alginate in the world to soak up everything, so I also feel discomfort and mild hatred towards everything when for the third time in a day, I get up from the couch and notice a growing spot on my clothes and furniture.  Giant, hospital-size pads in my pants aren't working either because the location changes each time.  Looking forward to bringing an extra pair of pants to work tomorrow for my first day back.  I can't possibly fathom why it is that my surgeon said I could return to work a week ago / 5 days post-op.  Work is being super fabulous about it all.  I don't think they understand what has happened.  However, I'm feeling a lot of pressure about going back to work because a co-worker has his last day tomorrow and I'll be doing parts of his job and the only person who knows the ins and outs of what he does is going on vacation for 2 weeks starting Thursday.  This surgery was just bad timing.

Speaking of bad timing and feeling lousy, poor Oliver has croup!  This was something that I only knew of from "Anne of Green Gables," so I was under the misconception that it was a dead disease.  He's been sleeping something awful and having a little bit of congestion, but I just chalked that up to changes in his routine and the reintroduction of air conditioning.  However, he started a fever Saturday and was up all night so we got nervous.  Sunday morning we went to the pediatrician who sucked out his nose, gave him some cough medicine and taught me how to use the nebulizer.  She announced "croup" and told me it should last about 3 days.  

Because of his fever, he had to stay out of daycare today.  Doug was needed in HQ, so I stayed home with Oliver.  Poor buddy!  He's now sleeping better, but cranky.  Send up some prayers that he feels better!

Add me to your prayer list too, if you will.  I'm sick of this wound and want to start getting better.  I will never take sitting on my bottom for granted again.

Have a lovely night!  

Comments

Popular Posts