Noticing things...

I've noticed that Oliver's poops have started to smell like popcorn.   Is Desitin supposed to have a buttery aroma? 

Oliver has characteristics about himself that remind me of others in our family.
  • He grunts when he sleeps, much like my Dad.  His grunts don't wake himself up, though - or cause the family to turn up the tv.
  • He sneezes when he goes outside.  He has the same phototropic response as his Aunt Heather, who sneezes about 6 zillion little baby sneezes when the sun gets in her eyes.
  • His feet sweat like his father's.  On the top and bottom.  Sick.
Our new favorite show is "How I Met Your Mother."  The best line thus far dealing with babies is, "Babies are scary.  They come out with a soft spot.  If it's going to have a self destruct button, at least make it hard to find."  Thank you, Robin.  You've articulated my fears exactly.

I finally shaved my legs for the first time since surgery.  It's been difficult because I couldn't exactly bend down and my showers had to be quick due to the Visiting Nurse giving me 15 minute warnings before she came.  I showed Doug this morning and he goes, "How'd you do it?"  I grimaced and he goes, "Ahh..pure grit and moxy."  The words that come out of his face...

And a big thank you goes out to my boss, Rick, for allowing me to work from home for two weeks while I heal.  (I'm on my lunch break right now.)  It's so much more comfortable.  This way I don't have to walk up and down hills.  I can sit on the couch or bed instead of a desk chair and can change my pants like post-its when necessary.  Doug and I are both working from home now, so we have to adjust a little!  I'm in the bedroom at the desk and he gets the living room and tv.  I think that's best.

Happy Thursday to all.

Comments

Popular Posts