Memories...First Couple of Weeks

  • Our first night back, I was wrapping up the leftover pizza to put in the fridge.  I accidentally swaddled the pizza in saran wrap.
  • Doug thinks my breast milk smells like Mrs. Fields.
  • Oliver's poops smell like old cereal that's been left in the bowl overnight.
  • I would rather sleep than shower off sticky poop, pee and spit up.
  • When nursing, Oliver always has one fist cocked and aimed at my breast.  I'm not exactly sure what this means.
  • Halfway through the first week, I stopped breastfeeding exclusively and started pumping because Oliver wasn't latching well.  (I'm since back to breastfeeding).  However, while pumping in the middle of the night, I could swear the beat of the pump was sending me signals.  I kept imagining it saying things like "Hot peppers," "Let it go," and "Wake up."
  • Blaine: "Oh, it says here that we count soiled diapers as a quarter-size of poop."  Doug: "Then can we combine them?  Because that last one was like a buck."
  • I was definitely not prepared when the stump fell off.  I started crying, so Doug called the doctor (twice) on Memorial Day to make sure everything was happening correctly.
  • It seems that the minute you feel comfident in what you're doing, that's the minute the Lord decides to make you shit all over yourself and the rug in your son's nursery 4 hours before your in-laws come to visit.  Bran cereal and a couple of stool softeners don't appear to help the arsenal against you.

Comments

Popular Posts