1 Month Checklist

Our little Oliver will be 1 month old tomorrow.  I can't stop looking at him and thinking how quickly he's growing...and how I don't want to miss a thing.  In honor of his gigantic milestone (he's such a big boy!), I've used my blackberry to list all the things that I don't want to forget about Oliver in his first month. 

Blaine, don't you dare forget...
  • the hurricane area of hair on the back of his head
  • the zitty period at 4 weeks - all over his face, head, back of neck
  • the way his right eye's eyelashes curl into each other
  • how he takes a half hour of grunting and squealing to wake up
  • how you can almost always calm him (knock on wood) by pressing his feet up to his butt
  • his "maestro" arms - when he flinches
  • the amazing weight of his dirty diaper
  • that the back of his hair is cut fabulously
  • that his shoulders are shaped perfectly
  • that his little nipples are just slits - I guess he doesn't need areolas
  • the way he holds my shirt when he's nursing like he has to hold down his food
  • the way he holds my shirt when he's in the Bjorn like he really doesn't trust the straps that hold him in
  • his sleep laugh - omigosh, amazing
  • that he's a waaaaaaaaarm sleeper, but it's worth it when he sleeps on my chest
  • his Gene Wilder hair post-sleeping
  • his "ooooo" face that just about breaks my heart every time
  • the day that he spit down my cleavage twice because I wasn't quick enough
  • the way my nipples are so desensitized that I could slam them in a car door
  • the night I dreamt the Ollie spit up through his nuk - I freaked out and ran around the bed to check on him - even though we never put him to sleep with a nuk
  • the night that Oliver fell so fast asleep on my chest that I started sweating and Doug had to change my jeans to shorts while I tried not to move or even breathe
  • when Rumpy showed back up at 3 weeks and my Dad came with me to the hospital so that I would have a hand to hold when the doctor lanced it...but we both decided he was better off in the waiting room at the last minute, and Mom was almost giddy with the idea of watching Oliver by herself
  • the fact that I was not prepared at all for:
    • the sleepless nights
    • the guilt of everything - putting him down so I can make dinner, his diaper rash...
    • the anxiety I have of his safety - I feel so vulnerable standing on the curb
    • the way each day is completely amazing and such a blessing!
The chronicles continue.

Comments

Popular Posts