Home Stretch!

We haven't spoken in a while, but it doesn't mean there hasn't been things to discuss!

At 36 weeks, a friend of ours took some professional maternity pictures of us.  It was really fun and Mary did a fabulous job!  The rest of the pictures can be found here: http://www.marylopezphotography.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/blaine.turk.




My favorite quotes of the last few weeks:
Doug: "I just can't wait to meet him!"

Me: (After the upteenth time Doug has made fun of me) "I can't wait until science advances and you have to carry the next kid."
Doug: "I think the more you say that the more you believe it."

The lab where I work also threw me a baby shower!  (If you're counting, this is my fourth!).  It was amazing - they had actual decorations, great food, favors and games!  And we got a ton of loot!  I was in a meeting and when we came out, I started heading to the restroom.  I saw people crowding in the cafeteria and I immediately cursed myself that I had forgotten someone's birthday.  I asked my friend Megan what was going on and she wouldn't explain.  Then I got in there, saw the decorations and everyone staring at me (and they may have even yelled surprise) and I broke down in tears!  It was phenomenal.  I started sweating and I still had to pee, so I excused myself and ran to the bathroom.  When I got back, they had me sit in the special chair - a good deskchair that was wrapped up in blue crepe streamers - and handed me present after present!  They also played "Guess the Baby Food" which Megan and Ian won!




And here we are at 37 Weeks!  This was Mother's Day.  Doug took me to Longbow, a British pub in our neighborhood, to watch Chelsea and Manchester United duke it out.  Then we took a nice walk in the beautiful weather!  We came home and Doug made lasagna while I scrapbooked.  Glorious day that we might not have again for a while, so I really appreciated it!




Comments

Popular Posts