Wetting your whistle!

I should know better than to post something like my Mom coming to visit because I knew I'd be heartbroken when she left.  It's rough seeing that little excitement now that it's over!  After all, I am the person who will hurriedly trash the packing list for a vacation before we leave so that we don't come back to find it and wish we were still gone.  You know the feeling?  Back to the grind is a phrase I abhor.  Especially on a day like today when it's glorious (albeit cloudy) outside, I have a headache from crying and Mom would've seriously enjoyed a walk through the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.  Sigh.

Luckily, doldrums don't last too long.  Give me food and I'm a perky little princess.  Strawberries and vegan pumpkin muffins for breakfast, leftover pizza for lunch...I'm living the dream.  I'm also drinking more water than I drank pretty much all weekend, finishing up my work maternity plan and getting ready to attend a Seder tonight. Life always turns around again, that's the glory of it.

I can't wait to show you pictures of the amazing shower that Jenn Meckel and Marta Kempf threw for me yesterday.  The amount of thought and energy that was put into the decorations (giant tissue balls and clotheslines of pictures and onesies), food (they even had a "craving" table with pickles, meatballs and Good 'N Plenty), games, gifts, invitations, rearranging furniture....was all so amazing.  The people that attended were...gosh, just so fabulous.  Everyone was dressed spectacularly!  I just can't get it all across to you.  However, the next night that I have available to spend dishing is Friday.  Pre-Natal Massage tomorrow night, Imaging appointment Wednesday night (hooray to get pics of little Pip!) and cleaning and laundry Thursday. 

Are your whistles sufficiently wetted?  Why does that sound dirty?  Come back for photos!

Comments

Popular Posts