Brooklyn Shower!

I swear everyone knows how many showers I've had, so I promise I haven't screwed anyone into pitying me and throwing me yet another shower.  I'm just blessed with fabulous family and amazing friends!  We're a lucky little family and Pip can't even fathom how many amazing Aunts he's going to have!

LET ME TELL YOU about this recent little shindig.

First of all, my Mom came in Friday night and stayed until Monday morning, as you're all aware.  It felt like the highlight of my life.  She helped to organize the nursery and just was amazing to behold. 

Secondly, the shower was held at our apartment so that we didn't have to load any of the gifts into a rental car or take them on the subway!  Great thinking!

The hosts were Jenn and Marta.  They were amazing.  As you've already heard, the decorations and the food were to die for.  Take a look!

FYI - Most pictures were taken by Mandie!

Decorative tissue balls over one of the food tables (ONE!)


 
 Clotheslines of pictures that Jenn got from Dad Cook and Mama Turk...
(With Ariana, Jenn and Christine)


(With Sam, Lynn, Christy)


Clotheslines of clothes!  Made by Jenn and her Mama!

 

 
Jenn baked a cake for the shower!  Joel was her Sous-Chef, she says - helping to roll that tricky fondant!


There were a LOT of people there, and I think Mom got a little overwhelmed.  She kept stealing into Pip's nursery.  I found her texting.  That Mom of mine.  Thank goodness Marta is like a little shepherdess.  She truly is the Hostess with the Mostest!



Mom bought Pip a little onesie that says "Grandma loves me.  Duh."


And here are some note-worthy photos.  Yes, this is an ultra long post. 
Posse Onesie!
 


Red Wings socks from Sam (not so much for Pip as much as for Grandpa)...


Playing Bingo with the presents - everyone was so into it! 
When Sarah won, she literally jumped out of her seat!


Baby's Skyline.


It was so great to have Kiri over!


Joanne's clothesline of goodies!


Amazing to have Jen come all the way from California!


 Jenni and Mandie (Mandie came all the way from Amsterdam!)



Clariza and Elaine!  Awesome!


Sarah!  Love!


And then following the shower, I laid in Mom's lap as she patted little Pip and we waited for our pizza to arrive.  We were tuckered!


It was such an amazing shower, filled with good friends and lots of love!
Thank you so much to everyone!
I wish I had gotten pictures with Marta and Kate, but I'll see you two again before I pop!

And now onto writing those thank-yous.
  Don't worry, Mom, I'm on it - already have 12 done!  :)

Comments

Mindy said…
So fun!! I wish so badly that we lived near each other so I could come to a shower (maybe I just invited myself). I'm glad you're getting so much loot!

Popular Posts