We exist...I promise!

Yes, friends, we DO exist!

Lo siento!  We have not written in quite some time.  We still love you, but as you can probably guess, life has been a wee bit busy up in Brooklyn for the past couple of weeks!

1. New Apartment.  Wha?  Yes, we've moved AGAIN.  Another place in Bay Ridge - bigger, cheaper, with laundry in the basement and the super (SUPER?!?) painted the apartment for us.  Pardon me, Reverend?  We just had to supply the paint.  AND a huge park down the street.  WIN-WIN.  Our only sad faces come from leaving the neighborhood we so incredibly enjoy - but we can come back and visit...seeing as how it is 11 blocks away and our doctors and dentists are still there.  It feels like we've spent a lifetime packing and moving and unpacking and setting up house.  Just like you've spent a lifetime changing our addresses in your address book.  It's gotten to Doug - poor gent begs me to not be pregnant next time we move.  I want to help, so he gives me little jobs to do...but in the end, I have to ask him to help me anyway - move a box or screw something in. Doug's done with this crap.

Here we are in the beginning...still smiling.


2.  KICKING.  Pipsqueak has discovered his appendages something fierce!  A couple of weeks ago, we were laying in bed and Doug put some music on up to my belly for Pip to hear.  All of a sudden I felt something, and I felt it again.  Like someone was flicking me with their finger.  Really quietly and without moving my mouth, I told Doug to put his hand "right here" so that he could feel.  It was pretty incredible - we lay there for about 15 minutes just feeling him kick and punch.  With the music playing, we hummed and sang and talked about what sort of athlete our son would turn out to be.  I'm praying for a reading athlete, myself, or an athletic artist.  I just hope that whatever he is, he's spirited.  I don't trust quiet people.  I may come back to this entry years from now and smack myself. 

Oh, and what music got his feet a'tappin' and his hands a'clappin'?  "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer and "I'm a Man" by Black Strobe.  My hubs knows how to pick 'em.

Now he's moving at all times.  The other morning I was having breakfast in bed and the kid was trying to move the tray off his little home - and we could see his little kicks.  I think frustration can be healthy, so I didn't move the tray - plus I was still hungry.  Like ALWAYS.  I can now tell when he's doing somersaults and when he's just kicking to remind me he's in there.

3.  Prenatal Yoga.  Yes, I'm a dirty hippie Mama.  For Christmas, Doug got me a new student package at a yoga studio in Park Slope.  He had a few friends looking out for him and they led him here.  I have only gone for one class so far.  You know how yoga people are all pretty intense?  I mean, God bless them, but they're so into the poses and it's like they're searching for relaxation harder than anyone else has ever tried before.  Well, this place is no exception and the attendees ignore you, but the staff is extraordinary.  Just lovely people.  So if I don't make lifelong friends, at least I'll have a good experience.  And Pip LOVES it.  At first he didn't really know what to think with me actually moving and bending and stretching around, but after all that stretching brought him some sweet-ace room, he was in his glory.  Somersaults, cartwheels, you name it.  He probably got PISSED when I had to walk home in the cold and my body tensed up.

4.  Nursery ideas.  Guess who has a room that's going to be the nursery?  Not the nursery plus office, or the nursery plus crafts room, or the nursery plus coat closet (judge when you've seen some of these apartments, thankyouverymuch), but an actual nursery.  Our nursery ideas have ranged from trees and birds to favorite book characters to Mother Goose rhymes.  At this time, we're tossing around the idea of antique subway pictures.  You can get them at the transit museum.  What kid doesn't like trains, right?  (Answer: likely this one.).  But that's where we are right now.  I'll let you know once we come up with something!

5.  And no, we're not going to tell you names.  IF we come up with anything, which right now looks like it may never happen.

6. Speaking of nursery items...one of my co-workers brought in a truckload of old baby stuff to the office.  Um, SCORE!  I still have to look through it all, but I'm one lucky broad.  I know there's a sit-up chair (you know the kind with the place for feet that they can only fit in if they're not too fat?), 2 bouncey chairs (the co-worker had twins), an activity mat, a bag of toys and a little stroller sleeping bag.  Okay, so maybe I did look.  But man alive (remember how that used to be a store?), Doug and I are making a killing for this child.  See, I'm going to be an awesome Mom!  I know people with loot!

7. People are starting to notice that I'm pregnant.  Which I've been waiting for THIS WHOLE TIME.  Seriously - perks please.  Other than creating life and wearing really comfortable footwear without judgement.  Doug and I were with Mr. and Mrs. Stotts at a bar (I was drinking water and we were primarily there for dinner and a football game, haters), and when passing a guy to go to the bathroom for the upteenth time, he turned to me and said, "I'll buy you a beer if you name your baby after me."  I just smiled and didn't really catch what he said until I got back to the table.  And then I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes.  Really, if you think about it, that's kind of awesome.  The other day, someone actually got up in the subway and offered me their seat.  I wasn't even tired but you can bet I took it.  That's like free chocolate.  I don't eat it, but I know better than to pass that crap up.  Now I'm trying to milk it by sticking out my belly in the crowded subway.  Mostly people just act like they don't see me.

And here are some new pictures.  I know, I've been SLACKING.

23 weeks.
Last one in our old apartment!



25 weeks.
Where we are right now!
Apparently we're still at papaya stage, but just a bigger and more mature papaya.
Pip is a pound and a half or so, healthy, and still on track for May 25!
Oh, and this time I only gained 6 pounds instead of last month's 14. 
Dad says that my eating habits are just creating a "playmate fetus out of food" for little Pip.




Oh, and if anyone says anything about the lack of makeup here, try saying it to my face.
Smiley emoticon.

Lovelovelove.  Have good weeks.

Comments

Mindy said…
You are the cutest pregnant lady! Maybe someday we'll come visit your new apartment and meet the little guy ....
Jeff said…
You look great, Blaine! What sort of athlete does Doug think Pip will turn out to be?
Anonymous said…
Fun, fun. You are beginning to remind of myself when I swallowed that basketball. PS-I LOVE (tell baby this when he's old and wise enough to care) Addicted To Love! Hell ya he was moving! He was dancing, swaying his baby hips like the chicks in the video with no bras on wearing see through shirts!

Courtney

Popular Posts