In the beginning...

Doug is convinced that the only way to start a story is with the words, "So there I was..."  This works for any type of narrative he believes, and adds to the dramatic effect that any storytelling he may do must include.  Therefore, we named this blog "So There We Were" because what else is a blog for unless it is to tell a story?

So there we were…pregnant and due on May 25, 2011!

In this blog, Doug and I plan to give anecdotes of our daily lives in New York City and also journal our stumble through the beginnings of parenthood.  We're actually better off than some new parents-to-be, as we have had the immeasurable joy of welcoming two nieces into our fold through my side of the family.  Mallory Jane Paff was born on July 1st, 2010 to my sister Courtney and our brother-in-law Brian in St. Louis.  Kenzie Lee Francine Olstad was born on October 5th, 2010 to my sister Jessica and our brother-in-law Jay in Milwaukee.  They are the apples of our family’s eyes, and we couldn't be happier.  Due to my sisters making this grand trek into adulthood before me, I've had the opportunity to be thoroughly inquisitive (to the point of obtrusive I'm sure), and they have been more than kind in patiently answering all of my silly questions.

For the new babies, new parents, new grandparents and new aunts/uncles/cousins-to-be, as well as for all of our friends and relatives both near and far, this blog is for you!

We love you!

Comments

Unknown said…
I've been anxiously awaiting this blog and the time that the secret is out! We are so excited as I'm sure you know, mainly because I keep telling you. I can't wait to read all about your adventures!!! Love you!
Mindy said…
Yahoo! I love it and can't wait to read it all the time!
And I'm so excited for the baby!!

Popular Posts