Happy Thanksgiving!

Heavens, there is a lot to be thankful for this year, isn't there?  Yes, our world isn't a utopia- there are wars, famines, diseases, pestilence and more heart-breaking news every day.  But as Mrs. Schwendeman wrote in her Facebook status yesterday (yet another sign of the times, Facebook is now where I get my quotations), "The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." --H. U. Westermayer.

I try to count my blessings often, but today is a day set aside to engage in this activity - all sickly-sweet, dorky, teary 24 hours of it.  Use it wisely!

Doug and I are so very grateful for:
- 2 new family members (Hi Mally and Little K!)
- Healthy, happy, loving family
- Supportive friends
- 1 growing baby for our very own
- Employment
- Roof over our heads, heat and hot water
- Health, good dental hygiene
- Hope for the future
- Connection to all those we love

And the smaller (but oh so beneficial) other things:
- Our 24 hour deli on the corner
- That our Rite-Aid pharmacist knows us by name
- Keeping food down
- Disney cartoons on ABC in the holiday season 
- Homemade pie!

There's a million other little blessings in my life that I'll think of all day today.  I'll do my best to send up a little prayer of thanksgiving for each one I come across.  You should do it too!

Lovelovelove.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts