1st Trimie Quotes

One of our good friends, Mrs. Kelenske, writes on her blog a Ten for Tuesday list every Tuesday.  I love lists.  My idea of a good time is creating a spreadsheet.  Um...seriously, no kidding, I type up itineraries when my parents visit.  So naturally, I took to this exercise like a moth to a flame.

Here are a few of our favorite quotes from the first 13 weeks in chronological order (but of course).

1. Upon hearing the news, Doug murmured: “I love you”…(Pause)…”We have to get our lives in order.”

2. When trying to explain that technically the first 2 weeks we’re not even pregnant, Doug exclaimed: “Sweetheart, I don’t understand the math behind this!”

3. During a short memory lapse, I told Doug that I’d like to buy some black boots and a pair of skinny jeans.  He stopped me for a second and said: “Do you realize what’s happening to your body?”

4. After one especially tough day of morning sickness, Doug crawled into bed to snuggle with me and said, “I’m so proud of you.”

5. “I see you were visited by the breast fairy again last night.” – Doug

6. Grabbing a pen and pad of paper, “May 25th? I don't wanna miss that date." - Dad Turk

7. “Good luck, Doug.  I was there when she got hormones.” – Mom

8. While spooning a second helping of Entenmann’s onto my plate one morning, Doug warned: “Be careful, remember how you feel when you overdo it.”  To this I quickly replied: “Yeah, I’ll let the first helping settle, but this goes on my plate right now.”

9. “Could you do me favor and when you get really big, set funny things on the top of your belly?” – Co-worker, Megan

10. Watching the baby on a TV screen at our 12 week sonogram – Blaine: “Our baby is so big!”  Doug: “I think it’s been magnified.”  Blaine: “Ohhh…right.”

Comments

SH said…
#4 made me tear up a little bit. Not kidding. Just wait until he's sweet like that postpartum. It'll do you in.
Melissa said…
I've never understood pregnancy math. But I've never understood pregnancy, either. Magic?
Melissa said…
And that's *Ms.* Kelenske to you. Mrs. was Curt's grandma!
Unknown said…
Oh man. I'm really enjoying this.

Popular Posts